What is Victaulic coupling?
Victaulic couplings are also called mechanical grooved couplings, Grooved Pipe Clamps, mechanical pipe joining systems. They are components that join mechanical pipes together to create a watertight joint.
It is mainly used in the casting production process and is currently used quite frequently in the mortar industry, large steel pipes, and special vehicles.
Due to the blooming of the shale oil business. Large diameter hose couplings and fittings are very popular in the American market in the past few years. These large dimension couplings are not only used in the Oil field but is multi-purpose used. Such as in water fracturing process, agriculture, firefighting, emergency repairs & water supplies, temporary installations and Bypasses
For one of these LDHC couplings, there is one type needed through the Victaulic clamp to finish the whole connection, that Victaulic groove end hose shank couplings. This kind of forged Aluminum hose shank couplings, through the Victaulic clamp, offers a quick and economical way to use the lay-flat hose in the transfer of fluid.
Victaulic type hose shank coupling Features:
- Full Bore design to minimize friction loss and increase flow.
- Sexless design to facilitate assembly and connection
- Hard-coat anodized for abrasion resistance, anodized type II and Type III standards
- The simple, low maintenance clamping mechanism
- Rugged drag coupling is designed for use on rough terrain Field-proven results for over 15 years in the agricultural industry
- Truly re-attachable fitting allows for an easy fix in the field
- Can be used with PVC/Nitrile or PU lay-flat hose
- Light-weight aluminum design
- Size available: 6”, 8”,10”, 12”
- Temperature: -50℃ to 80℃
- Body material: 6061-T6 Aluminum,
- Bolts and Nuts: Galvanized steel 12.9 grade
- Manufacture method: Mold Forged
- Surface Treatment: Hard Anodized coated
- Bolts and nuts number: 6” 8” and 10”: 12pc, 12” 16pc
- Rated pressure: high strength forged heads and forged aluminum locks to exceed lock shear test of 300lbs
- Scope of hose wall thickness: 3.5-6mm
- Connect method: with standard Victaulic clamp
- Segment Bolt Clamp pieces: 6”-10”:3pc, 12”: 4pc
- OD of LDHC shank nipple: 6” 153.5mm, 8” 203.5mm, 10” 254mm, 12” 304mm
- Unite Weight: 6” 10kg, 8” 18kg,10” 25kg, 12” 32kg
Victaulic Groove hose shank coupling Applications:
• Oil industry applications: Onshore/ offshore oil or gas exploration
• Dewatering & drainage: Suction and delivery lines for site dewatering
• Bypass for water & sewer lines, Dredging
• Water transfer (fresh & wastewater)
• Mining & tunneling
• Civil engineering projects,
• Emergency water supply, such as flood disaster and fire control
• Sludge handling
• Road construction
• Irrigation systems
• Wellpoint &Pumps & pumping stations